Injured mum crawls away from wreckage after being mowed down by stolen car

Two men who crashed into an innocent mum and left her with serious injuries after slamming into her in a stolen car have been jailed.

In a chilling clip of the horror collision, a group of three young men walk across the pavement in Cheetham Hill, Manchester.

A woman walking a few yards behind then becomes visible as a stolen Nissan X-Trail emeges on her tail.

The mum’s steps start to quicken before the car smashes into her.

In horrific scenes, the woman can be seen desperately crawling away from the wreckage with a broken back, pelvis and leg.

The vehicle was clocking speeds of 60mph in a 30mph zone as the driver tried to shake off a police chase, Manchester Crown Court heard.

This is the terrifying moment an innocent mum was mowed down by a stolen car
After crushing the woman, the car smashes into a wall, bollards and a parked car.

In the chaotic aftermath, two men dressed in black bail out of the car and run. A third casually walks away.

A police car appears seconds later and officers give chase.

The driver of the car was Ryan Deans, 33, who has now been locked up for four and a half years after the incident in Cheetham Hill.

Deans was able to escape from the scene as police chased and caught his passenger Thomas Keogh after noticing he had a knife.

After officers stopped Keogh, 29, he “pretended to have a fit”, Manchester Crown Court was told.

Because of a suspected head injury Keogh was given priority, meaning the woman’s treatment was delayed.

Ryan Deans has been jailed for four and a half years for causing serious injury by dangerous driving
The court was told police became suspicious of the X-Trail at about 5.45pm on April 3rd at the junction of Waterloo Road and Cheetham Hill Road, and decided to follow.

The car was on false plates and had been stolen in a burglary in Longsight two days earlier.

Deans panicked after realising he was being followed and a chase ensued.

He jumped a red light and hit 60mph overtaking other cars during a two-minute chase.

Deans mounted the pavement at the junction of Woodlands Street and Cheetham Hill Road, hitting the woman who was thrown several metres.

As police chased Keogh, Deans “nonchalantly” walked away.

Deans, of Eccles, pleaded guilty to causing injury by dangerous driving, handling stolen goods, driving while disqualified, failing to stop and driving without insurance.

Keogh, from Fallowfield, pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking and having a blade in a public, and was banned form driving and was jailed for 21 months.

A third man, Ellis Barrett, of Tarporley Avenue, Manchester, was sentenced to a community order, curfew with a tag, and disqualified from driving after pleading guilty to theft without consent and being carried in a stolen motor vehicle.